Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The waiting is what sucks the most

Its like waiting for christmas - and an upcoming painful surgery - all at the same time. You want it - you dread it. You need it to just be over - but you know if it is that you've got to start from scratch, and that sucks.

In talking to the nurse practioner who did my scan yesterday, I got some of my questions answered - whee!

My endometrial lining was 8. The 2 folicles that matured (from Fri's scan) measured: 20 x 20 mm and the other was 29 x 24 mm. Both very good things.

I also asked about the timing thing since I'm thinking we ovulated on Sat at some point and sex wasnt until "stupid o'clock" sat night/sun morning. She said that was just fine and we'd done everything we could. That was still just fine timing and not to worry - WHEW.

The big question was about the Bendaryl. Since it occured to me (too late, of course) that the Benadryl could dry out the CM... gee, perfect, just GREAT. She said that while it COULD do that, they have others who are on it chronically as well and they didnt think it made that much of a signficant difference really. She said in general she'd try to lay off it mid-cycle if at all possible.

So, I've been reassured that there's nothing more we could do - or could've done. The benadryl, while a bad idea, wasnt so bad - especially since I didnt take it Sat night and it has a very short half-life and is out of your system pretty quickly.

At least the news was encouraging. Back to keeping a small, miniscule amount of hope and lots and lots of prayers.

No comments: