Friday, October 20, 2006

Ultrasound showed nothing. They drew for progesterone and hemoglobin A1c anyway. Apparently they've decided that maybe it might be a good idea to go ahead and see what my 'end of cycle' progesterone looks like because maybe they might need to give me progesterone from ovulation on... Gee, wow, lets see, how many induced cycles have we done thus far, and you're only coming to this conclusion NOW? The hemoglobin A1c level is (supposedly) to see how my sugars are doing (it gives them an 'average' of your glucose over the last 90 days), which makes NO sense to me because what they SHOULD be doing is an insulin level and a glucose tolerence test - NOT a Hg A1c. Of course she was also saying - but your glucose looked great back in December '05... yeah, if you remember it was actually LOWER than we had hoped it would be. Yes, I do remember that - I also remember its why I questioned about going on the metformin at the time but you said it would help with the insulin resistance so I did it.

I asked about doing a combo of met and avandia and she said 'oh, well I dont think we're doing that here in this practice.' Well, gee, isnt that just swell. She also said, look, you have to accept that fact that you have PCOS and you're very VERY likely never going to actually ovulate on your own without clomid/hcg/LH - some sort of stimulation and trigger. Oh, gee, really? Hmmm, that's funny because I KNOW people who have PCOS that were able to do that once they got their PCOS under good control.

I've done EVERYTHING diligently. I've taken my medicine, I've gotten shots, I've given blood, I've even had sex when they told me to. I've done EVERYTHING - and SOMETHING isnt working. I'm frustrated and angry - I'm just plain ol' bloody PISSED OFF - which, I guess, is better than the blubbering idiot I was this morning with my husband before I left for the doctor's office, right? Bless his heart he held me and told me I wasnt all THAT broken and we'd be ok no matter what. Its one of the most supportive times we've ever had together.

----
So, for those keeping track - Not pregnant this month.

What's the plan for the next few months? - I have no idea. I want to just crawl into bed and hibernate for many many moons.

No comments: