Sunday, October 15, 2006

How long can the effects last

That's what inquiring minds want to know at this point. How long can this perverse and sick 'joke' that the hCG seems to have invoked in my body continue? We're currently at (at least) 7-8 dpo and 9 dpt (days post trigger). I ask you, how much longer can the hCG stay in my system and conitnue this?? I mean, the doc's office said I could test as early as 10 dpo - which would lead me to think that it should've been well enough out of my system by then that it wouldnt interfere with the test... but, with everything ELSE that's gone 'wrong' this time, can I really make that assumption?!

Current 'effects':
1. What I'm told by Ms. OB/GYN is ligamentous pain - a "pulling" sensation throughout the lowest part of my abdomen. My pannus feels like its too heavy for my body to hold up any more and my uterus feels like its pressing DOWN on my pelvic bone

2. Waking up at STUPID in the morning. Today it was 7am (BBT at 7am was 97.9 - which is up .3 from the 8am readings I've been taking, which should mean it would've been up even higher at 8am I think) - I am NOT a morning person - not at all - and especially not when I could be sleeping IN.

3. Hypersalivation along with the vague nausea feeling. Not really "nauseous" just more like the feeling you have when you're on a boat on rough waters. More queasy than nauseous.

4. Oh yeah, and there's the 'emotions are all over the charts' effect - that's a good one.

5. Constipation.

6. BLOATING.

7. Gas bubbles.

Kvetch, kvetch, kvetch... I know. But, honestly, as much as I'd HOPE that these are signs and not just side effects - I really have to be cautious about getting too emotionally invested. So, until I have that 'YUP, you're positive' from my doc - I'm not taking it for granted or assuming anything. (Even then, you know I wont be fully 'there' until after the first heartbeats and ultrasounds).

Doesnt change the fact that I've begged, pleaded, bargained and bartered with G-d for this to be a 'viable, healthy child (or children) should He see fit' I figure it was good enough for the Matriarchs...

No comments: