Monday, October 16, 2006

And they've stopped

I think, for the most part, the symptoms have all stopped. The ligament pain is pretty well gone, except for when I lay down in bed, and everything else is gone. (except the elevated temp - but this morning's is a crappy example because I woke up at just before 6am and didnt take my temp figuring I was just on (yet another) bathroom run and then couldnt go back to sleep for another hour - but then slept almost 4 hours and temped then and it was 98.2 - but that was at 10am - and the previous days' have all been at 7-8am and 97.6... so that's about right on target I think.) I'm cd23 - 8-9 dpo - 10 dpt(rigger) - I even thought I saw good ferning patterns on my ovulens yesterday during the day - at least twice - but, then this morning I did it first thing in the morning and its all one gelatenous blobby of bubbly things. *sigh*

I'm releaved to not be feeling crappy because of drugs, so I'm really not bitching about getting what I "asked for" - but I'm also a little sad. Its one of those 'yes, ok, just remind yourself that it was ONLY the meds...' I'm still COMPLETELY congested, but I think its just the changing weather and my azthma reacting to it.

My DH leaves this week for an 'extended business trip' in Montreal. Its both a good and bad thing. The good side is that it gives me a little time to 'amp down' on the pregnancy thing. Take a break, get my breath a little. It also means that I can take the time to focus on weight loss, better PCOS/IR control, etc - which I do really want to do. I'm thinking of "joining" the running program from Doctor Mama - I've always wanted to be able to 'do' running. This seems like a relatively reasonably doable plan, so I'd like to give it a shot.

The downside is that I dont want to take the break. It wasnt my idea. I'm frustrated and angry and feeling blocked every time I try to move. DH has moral issues about IUI and IVF. Please, dont flame about whether or not he's right or wrong - or anything of the sort. Its the way he feels and I can understand it. He has the right to his opinion and I respect it. It also means that it limits our options for treatment. He's also said he's completely against adoption - again, flames on this issue are not welcome - its how he feels and he feels very STRONGLY about it. I love him for who he is and I respect his right to have the feelings he does. I dont have to agree with him to do that.

Can I throw in there that I'm in emotional upheaval?? :) He's leaving - I'm not happy because I'm going to miss him terribly and dont want him to go - and I also dont want to have to move up there eventually either. I'm also (go figure) very bummed and frustrated about this cycle. I tried not to hope, but I fail miserably at it often. Have I mentioned that I'm going to have a serious 'adult temper tantrum' once he's gone - it will consist of a Nora Roberts book, a LOT of Gilmore Girls, and probably a lot of working on my novel. (I might even throw some pureed frozen fruit in a glass into that mixture!)

No comments: